Your cart
Close Alternative Icon
Free Domestic Shipping on all Order Over $100!

Our History

The name Acme Fine Goods was inspired by the Acme Coal Mine.                                                                                                                                                               
Located right in Historic Downtown Louisville, The Acme Coal Mining Co. operated from 1888-1928.  By using a historic and local company name, my goal is to embody the days when the town of Louisville was building something. A time when the folks shopped, traded, and lived all within their communities. Back when there was no “InstaCart”, Big Box Stores, or “faceless” salesman schlepping unnecessary goods. They would have shopped locally from the Shop Keep they knew.                                                                                                                           
Even the Logo has been inspired by the original hand painted signs found in the historical record. Our front window design was painted by local artist, Chase Brown, of Boulder.  The “Three Stacks” you'll find on our window, in our logo, and on our custom products are derived from the three original smoke stacks of the Acme Coal Mining Company's boiler building.                                                                                                                                                                                                  
The boiler house contained the boilers used to provide steam pressure in order to move machinery. Coal was likely burned to boil the water to create steam, while the smokestacks were needed above the boiler room in order to clear the smoke. Photos of this building can be found at the Louisville Historical Museum.